- To provide comfortable, peaceful accommodation in an eco-friendly environment
- To respect the balance of nature by using eco-friendly toiletries, cleaning and household products.
- To be aware of power consumption and use a green tariff.
- To lessen the reliance on petrochemicals by reducing the amount of plastic used and by using 100% cotton bed linen.
- To lessen the impact on landfill by recycling as much as possible and by using recycled products.
- To support the local community by keeping food local.
- To support the wider community by buying fairtrade products.
- To encourage guests to explore this wonderful area and particularly the excellent locally-produced food and drink.
- To make sure guests are aware of local public transport.
The Bench Mark garden – an eco-haven:
To find out about the garden at The Bench Mark, click here
The Bench Mark was a accredited Green Tourism business for a number of years but is now ‘going it alone’.